The Bronze Medallion aims to provide members with the skills and knowledge of in basic patrolling and surf awareness. Successful participants are awarded with Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue).
The Adult Bronze Course will incorporate both theory and skills based sessions. It is an ideal course for adult learners wishing to gain their bronze to participate in patrols, assist in water safety, or to compete.
21st – 22nd October 2017
11th – 12th November 2017
18th – 19th November 2017
Adult Bronze 2017
Manuals can be purchased from SLSA members portal using your login.
To be eligible for the course you must:
- Be a current financial member of Barwon Heads /13th Beach SLSC (or other Victorian club)
- Be minimum of 15 years of age
- Hold a current Working With Children’s Check (if over 18)
- Show evidence of having completed 400m swim in 9 minutes or less Click here for swim assessment form
Assessment will incorporate both theory and practical components including:
- Run 200m, Swim 200m, Run 200m in under 8 mins
- Theory Assessment
- Please ensure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Join or renew your membership and pay course fee
- Register for the course on Member Training From Anywhere
- Complete your pre requisite swim and email a scanned copy to the Chief Instructor no later than October 16th
- Please email the Chief Instructor with any details of medical conditions/allergies and dietary requirements that may be relevant whilst participating in the course
What To Bring
Pen, Bathers, Wetsuit, Towel, Sunscreen, Lunch
Tea, Coffee, morning tea provided.